[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: Reroofing (Was: Basic Roof Rafter Analysis Questi...

Michael

I am responding to your question although I have never had the occasion to
make
the recommendation one way or another. I can't imagine how it would cost a
significant amount to remove the spaced sheathing.  Further I don't believe
you could adequately nail the plywood without splitting the spaced sheathing
unless you predrilled.  The effort required to provide reliable nailing would
be better served removing the sheathing.  At least the end product after
removing the sheathing is predictable.