[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: Reroofing (Wa...

Dennis:

I guess I'm dense because I dont see how replacing the spaced sheathing with
plywood could possibly lead to a shear wall failure.  The demand on the roof
diaphram may be increased somewhat for seismic forces but as wind governs for
typical residential (the subject of discussion) the demand on the walls will
be the same.  Using the code equations will lead to the same seismic and wind
forces regardless of the type of diaphram unless the shear walls (exterior)
have quite different stiffnesses.