[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Truss discussion.

>I often have a very similar scenerio:  Although we try very hard to be
>retained to provide continuing engineering services during the
>construction of projects we design, there are instances (especially on
>governmental projects) where the owner retains an independant
>construction management firm.  In this case, the original design
>professional unually has no involvement during construction.

This is a curious statement, which, if true, shows how different things are
in different parts of the country. For my employer, the City of Los Angeles,
we frequently hire an independant construction management firm. In fact, the
job I'm on now has one of the best: Bechtel. However, in all cases of RFI's,
clarifications, or any question of design change, all answers are from the
engineer and architect of record. After all, they carry the liability.