[SEAOC] Angled Shear Walls - Design Question

Another from the guy with all the questions:
I'm designing an 8000 square foot custom home out here in the desert. The building is roughly "L" shaped with each leg of about 35 feet in depth and 100 plus feet to the inside corner of the "L". To make matters worse, the block where the two legs join has a raised roof which creates a discontinuity. The side of the top leg that meets the bottom leg is unsupported laterally (at the inside corner) which means that I can't easily drag the diaphragm from through the roof to the lower leg.
The architect chose to place all of his Interior walls at slightly greater than 45 degrees to exterior walls. Due to the aspect ratio of the building (approaching 4:1) it is necessary to use the interior partitions for shear. Even if I were to resolve the shear into it's vector components, I don't feel that the angled walls would be stable if the direction of force is normal to the exterior walls (at an angle to the interior partitions).
My options include embedding steel frames into the interior walls - tied to the roof diaphragm or dragged through the roof trusses. Although the cost soars for the use of steel frames (I estimated about $5,000 to $8,000 per frame - including foundation) the home is a luxury residence and may warrant the expense if I can justify the necessity of it. Inasmuch as I need to justify my decision to the architect I am requesting anyone with an alternative solution to share it with me.
Sincerely,
Dennis S. Wish PE
The Question Man

Respond to: wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com
"You speak to me in a voice so friendly I
cannot help but speak the same."
                  ***** Charles Chase*****