[SEAOC] UBC 94 Concrete Shear Wall Design

I've a few questions on UBC sec. 1921.6.5, Design of shear walls for flexural
and axial loads:

1. In sec. 1921.6.5.3, is Pu the axial load for the entire wall, or is it the
boundary element axial load? Is Po the axial load capacity for the entire
wall, or is it just for the boundary element. It seems to me that Pu & Po all
should be considered as boundary element forces, but Code is not clear on
that.

2. In sec. 1921.6.5.4, is Ag the gross section area for the entire wall, or
is it just for the boundary element which sometimes is portion of the wall,
and sometimes is not even part of the wall.

Thank you in advance for your comments.