[SEAOC] Plywood over spaced sheathing

I inspected a residence today that had plywwod installed over spaced
sheathing.  The owners have reported hearing "loud popping sounds".  I
entered the attic and my inspection revealed nothing.

I believe the temperature of the attic may be the culprit.  There are only a
few attic vents in the stucco soffits.  I plan to recommend that an attic fan
with a thermostat be added to control the temperature.

Anyone out there with an opinion?

RLFoley