[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Reactive aggregate

I would like to know if anyone has some information on how we determine if
coarse or fine aggregate for concrete is reactive or not.
Here in S. Calif., I usually specify the coarse aggregate to be " San
Gabriel" rock, heavy media processed or coarse aggregate of a equal or lower
reactivity.  And the sand or fine aggregate we specify to be moorpark sand or
sand of a equal or lower reactivity.
These are sources that we know produce aggregate of low potential for
reactivity.
What tests are there to determine the "equal" qualification, and what numbers
do I look for in these test results?
I know there is a test for Alkalinity Reduction that is usually given in
millimoles/liter.  Also a dissolved silica number also given in millimoles
per liter.  I believe these are tests per ASTM C289.
What do these numbers mean and what should I be looking for to be certain
that our aggregate will have a low potential for reactivity?  Are there other
tests or means to determine the reactive potential of aggregate?

Thanks

Lynn Howard