Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Seismic Design of Foundations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Seismic Design of Foundations
- From: "James A. Lord" <jlord(--nospam--at)pacbell.net>
- Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 21:57:13 -0700
When designing a foundation of a seismic lateral resisting system, is it necessary to design the foundation using all the concrete seismic design provisions? Two instances for discussion: 1. Moment resisting frame, & you are counting on some fixity at the base. Do your grade beams have to have the same details as a flexural member of a concrete SMRF? 2. Shear wall system. For overturning, you need to extend the foundation beyond the end of the shear wall a several feet. For the extension, must you use the same details as a concrete SMRF? Let's hear what the current practice is. James Lord, S.E. jlord(--nospam--at)pacbell.com ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] See attached
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Seismic Design of Foundations
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Stucco
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Seismic Design of Foundations