[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Seismic Design of Foundations

James-
For grade beams supporting moment frames, we do design for the special
sesimic section of the code for concrete frames, disregarding the fact
that it is below grade.  However, on foundations for shear walls we do
not.  I just check the moment and shear at the critical section, and
provide normal reinforcing to carry the forces.