Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Type M vs Type S mortar[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] Type M vs Type S mortar
- From: markedd(--nospam--at)ix.netcom.com (Mark Deardorff)
- Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 18:49:26 GMT
We routinely specify Type M mortar on jobs. No one has ever complained. We recently completed drawings for a high school in Colorado. We used our standard specification for mortar and have received a request for change to Type S. The contractor must not see it often. But he *did* bid the job from plans that included the Type M spec. He will need to credit my client. Aside from strength what are the relative benefits of the two types of mortar? Thanks, Mark Mark E. Deardorff, SE Deardorff & Deardorff, Inc. San Diego, CA markedd(--nospam--at)ix.netcom.com ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Truss discussion.
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] UBC 94 Concrete Shear Wall Design
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: Seismic Design of Foundations
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Bracing Eccentricity