[SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] Durability of Lightweight concrete

I do not have direct information pertaining directly to your question of
durability of lightweight concrete as a wearing surface but, I have
dealt with some thin polymer overlays that may perform will in this
instance.  They are again, at no small cost!

The performance of these overlays on bridge decks has shown some merit.
The polymer overlays are basically a polymer concrete mixed with a
prebagged aggregate (usually pea gravel or sand) that is broadcast on
the surface of the polymer, this layer provides the skid resistance and
friction that would be required in this application.

There may be some suppliers that I may be able to recommend if you need
further information.

Brian Bellfi, "One of those bridge guys"
CH2M Hill