Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] wood pile foundations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] wood pile foundations
- From: HARRISENGR(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 00:17:29 -0400
A homeowner asked how he could add a second story to his Malibu beach home on wood piles between the road and ocean. The house is 40 years old. He mentioned a similar project up the street had 200 kip load testing on 4 piles ( with sand ) recommended by the engineer ( 50 kips per pile ). This project never happened. When i considered the volume of sand required to develope this load it seemed unworkable, inside an existing house. Powerlines and restricted beach access make adding new piles difficult. I would appreciate any information on justification of adding additional loads to old wood piles and checking for deterioration. Thanks in advance. Tom Harris , SE Thousand Oaks, CA ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Wind Pressure Coefficients (Cq)
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Wood Screw Capacity
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] mat foundation design software
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] wood pile foundations