[SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] wood pile foundations

I can't address justifying additional loads to existing wood piles, but
I have been involved in testing old wood piles for deterioration.  A
very helpful person in the Southern California area is Jeff Reith with
Timber Products Inspection (310) 596-6336.  (An alternate phone number
is (503) 254-0204 in Oregon.)  They are a complete wood testing and
evaluation service and can take small cores in existing piles, evaluate
the retention of preservative, check for rot, etc.

Kent Estes