[SEAOC] Simpson MAS Anchors

I'm curious, does anyone have any experience or opinions about using Simpson
MAS anchors in place of anchor bolts?  Specifically, I'm interested in
observations after Northridge or Whittier Earthquakes and their performance,
as well as acceptance by L.A. City and County for conformance to their new
emergency seismic design provisions.  Since the embed of these type anchors
is only 4 inches, is their use banned with the requirement of 9 inch
embedment for anchor bolts?  Any and all opinions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Crosier