[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] NEHRP

At 03:07 PM 9/12/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a client who is in the process of obtaining financing for the purchase
>of a single story 1930's era building. The occupancy of the building is
>changing and as such the local building department has required it be
>upgraded per the 91 UCBC.
>
>The building construction consists of reinforced cast in place concrete
>walls, straight sheathed diaphragm and open store-front.
>
>The UCBC upgrade has presented no problems but the lender has thrown a curve.
>The lender has asked for evidence that the construction conforms with the
>"National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program Recommended Provisions for the
>Development of Seismic Regulations for New Building".
>
>Who knows where a copy of this document can be obtained?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mark

At the web site http://www.ualr.edu/~earthquake/EHRSPUBS.TXT you will find
how to order the document free of charge:

Earthquake Hazards Reduction Series (EHRS)

These publications are free of charge.  Copies may be requested by writing

to: Federal Emergency Management Agency, P. O. Box 70274, Washington, D.
C., 20024.

        FEMA
        Publication             EHRS
        Number          Title   Number

        95      NEHRP Recommended Provisions for the Development of Seismic
Regs.    17
                for New Buildings Part 1: Provisions & Maps (1988 Edition)
        96      NEHRP Recommended Provisions for the Development of Seismic
Regs.    18
                for New Buildings Part 2: Commentary (1988 Edition)
        222     NEHRP Recommended Provisions for the Development of
Regulations 64
                for New Buildings and NEHRP Maps, Part 1, 1991 Edition
        223     NEHRP Recommended Provisions for the Development of
Regulations 65
                for New Buildings, Part 2, Commentary, 1991 Edition

T. Bartlett Quimby, P.E., Ph.D
University of Alaska Anchorage School of Engineering
Phone: (907) 786-1046, Fax: (907) 786-1079