[SEAOC] Concrete Cracks

Ron's latest post prompted me to ask this question.

I'm looking for a method to calculate the deflection of a cracked concrete
wall based on the width and length of the cracks.  To date, the best
information I have is to reduce the shear stiffness to a percentage of the
uncracked wall (between 30 and 50% of the original stiffness).  Has anyone
else done this calculation or are there any references on this subject?

Where this is going  ultimately is that I'm required to do a loss of
strength calculation on an earthquake damaged concrete shear wall building
and the criteria I'm required to follow is to first analyze the building for
current code forces and determine the deflection assuming uncracked
properties.  Second, analyze the building with cracked walls and push it to
the same deflection as the uncracked building and compare the base shear
required to obtain this deflection.  The difference in these two base shears
is to be my loss of strength.

I'm aware that this approach will draw many comments and different opinions
and I'm curious to hear them all, but please remember that I'm most
 interested in help in how to calculate deflections of a cracked wall.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Crosier