[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Concrete cracks

Sorry, but one more question about identifying whether concrete cracks were
from the Northridge earthquake (32 months later).  We are looking at a
concrete shear wall building which had the cracks painted over several months
ago.  What I want to know is: can we consider the wall as fully effective if
we can't find the cracks?  Or do we have to downgrade all the walls that have
been painted?

No, seriously though.  When you are looking at buildings this long after the
earthquake, one of my main concerns would be that it is kinda likely that
cosmetic repairs may have been made that the engineer doesn't know about.

Carl S.