[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Quality in Engineering - checking

Bill Sherman wrote:

> Here's a topic for discussion, relating to quality in engineering:
>
> To what extent do you have your design's checked independently by another
> engineer?  Are your calculations checked independently by another engineer
> (licensed or unlicensed)?

A corollary question, if you don't mind: How much checking is done by building departments as part of the plan
review process for building construction? I do some checking but only the easy stuff.

I do, by the way, find errors and an occasional blunder.

ted

--
[Ted Partrick, PE		 Nothing I'm mailing is official, it is all      ]
[Structural Engineer             personal. However, I do take my work personally.]