[SEAOC] Heavy Flagstone Veneer

Can anyone advise me as to what the current Los Angeles City post Northridge design criteria is for heavy flagstone veneer to be placed on wood stud walls?
I have a condition where the designer has drawn non-bearing panels on a large (6500 square foot) custom home which are to be covered both sides (and ends - these are 4'-0" x 2'-0" x 14'-0" tall panels) with heavy flagstone. In informed the owner and designer that I did not recommend this and advised them that from my experience in post earthquake repair, flagstone veneer will come down. The contractor - an old time mason - was enraged by my comments and has convinced the designer to remove me from the job.
I am pleased by this since I don't want the liability. I need to know what the current position by L.A. City is on veneer for justification in my final letter to the designer.
If anyone can post a section of the ordinance, or applicable paragraph, I would greatly appreciate it.
Sincerely
Dennis S. Wish PE

Respond to: wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com
"You speak to me in a voice so friendly I
cannot help but speak the same."
                  ***** Charles Chase*****