[SEAOC] Quality in Engineering - checking

> I am very interested on getting standards for the checking of the data
> generated by the computer analysis of building structures.
> Anybooudy has some ideas that would like to share ?
>
> With the big amount of data generated on, for example, a dynamic
> analysis of
> a ten stories irregular building, it is sometimes difficult to trap
> errors on the
> modeling of some elements. Any idea ?

If you are using a detailed finite element model for analysis, it can
be difficult sometimes to understand what's going on, and errors can
be made.  A simplified "stick" model can be useful as a comparison to
verify the overall periods, mode shapes, story shears, etc.
Martin Johnson
EQE International, Inc.
mwj(--nospam--at)eqe.com