[SEAOC] bridge load testing

The pedestrian bridge saga continues...

Is anyone aware of published standards
for load-testing bridges or other steel structures?

I am aware of the ACI 318 requirements for
load testing, and of the need to load the
bridge uniformly (as opposed to starting
from one end)

If there are any published protocols
and criteria available, I'd like to know about them.

Also, comments on acceptance criteria would
be appreciated.  Aside from "no visible evidence
of failure at the design live load," are there any
other criteria?  Perhaps: "no measurable
permanent deflection" after preloading to,
say, 25% of the design live load?

Thanks for all your help to-date,
and thanks in advance for
your responses to this