Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Concret cracks

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
     I agree with many of the other comments. I would add that if a crack is
a question i would always do a monometer survey. I don't know why structural
engineers often leave this to a soil engineer except that they may not know
how simple it is . A simple but accurate enough manometer can be bought for
$29.00 at Whitecap hardware ( make sure you ask for a hydrolevel ). Home
Depot also has one that is not quite as good. For $450.00 you can get a very
impressive one but it is no more accurate. I have both and prefer the $ 29.00
model with a tape measure. For slabs that are open and over 100' long a
surveyors level is better.

Tom Harris , SE 
Thousand Oaks, CA