[SEAOC] Re: Quality of Engineering - Checking

>Your point is well taken. The general feeling, from EVERYBODY,  is that
>large public agencies are easy pickings and can (and do) absorb any and all
>cost overruns, mishaps, bankruptcies, thefts, and just plain incompetance.

I'm not sure one should generalize like that.  If a large public agency is
"easy pickings", then taxpayers would be asking the political leadership why
that is so.  I don't see that happening.  Instead, I see the usual
mud-slinging.

There are public agencies that are definitely not easy pickings.  If you do
work for them, you can be sure that they want what they paid for on time and
with no surprises.