[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Concrete cracks

What I would like to know is, are ANY cracks in concrete serious? I remember
a through crack at a 45 degree angle in a wall, from top to bottom. The
engineer said it was ok. I remember a through crack in a waffle slab, from
the drop panel corner to the column. Engineer said no problem. If these are
not problems, what are, excluding the obvious seismic crushing of freeway
columns? In other words, are cracks in concrete stress relief?