[SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] under water concrete

What you refer to is called "tremie" concrete in the U.S.A.  It needs to
have additional cement to make up for what will be lost through washing
(my firm usually increses the cement content from six sacks for a normal
4000 psi mix to 7 sacks or 658 pounds per C.Y.)  More importantly, it
must be placed through a closed tube (called a "tremie", surprisingly)
so that except for the first of the pour, all concrete is placed into a
mass of concrete to minimize contact with the free water.  In your case,
you would need to take extra steps to protect the pour from the washing
effect of ocean currents.  And lastly, the chlorides in sea water
*would* be detrimental to concrete.  I recommend you do everything in
your power to avoid the introduction of chlorides into the batched
concrete through mix water or admixtures, and consider the outer surface
of the concrete a non-structural, sacrificial layer.