Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] repair of cracked CMU walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] repair of cracked CMU walls
- From: NRoselund(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 23:29:28 -0400
Dave Evans of Alaska and our other board-mates: A good resource on maintenance of masonry walls is "Practical Building Conservation", volumes 1 and 2 by John and Nicola Ashhurst, published by Halsted Press, a Division of John Wiley and Sons. The two volume set was recently offered in the Aberdeen Bookstore (800-323-3550) catalog at approximately half price. Volume 1 deals with stone: maintenance, repair, cleaning, grouting, consolidating; volume 2 with brick, terracotta and adobe. No CMU, but many principles have broad enough application that my guess is that you'd find'm useful. Ace Repointing Service, 213-263-1970, has procedures for repair of cracked masonry walls including CMU. Nels Roselund, SE ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] repair of cracked CMU walls
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Repair of damaged wood columns (Rot & Termite damage)
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Welded Rebar advise needed
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Geosynthetics