[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] repair of cracked CMU walls

Dave Evans of Alaska and our other board-mates: A good resource on
maintenance of masonry walls is "Practical Building Conservation", volumes 1
and 2 by John and Nicola Ashhurst, published by Halsted Press, a Division of
John Wiley and Sons.  The two volume set was recently offered in the Aberdeen
Bookstore (800-323-3550) catalog at approximately half price. Volume 1 deals
with stone: maintenance, repair, cleaning, grouting, consolidating; volume 2
with brick, terracotta and adobe.  No CMU, but many principles have broad
enough application that my guess is that you'd find'm useful.

Ace Repointing Service, 213-263-1970, has procedures for repair of cracked
masonry walls including CMU.

Nels Roselund, SE