Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] plywood shear wall sill bolts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] plywood shear wall sill bolts
- From: Nbrudigam(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 01:26:35 -0400
I concur with your thinking that the plate washers do not adress the loose holddown problem. The plate washer may indeed hold down the sill and avoid a cross grain bending problem, but the vertical movement of the shear wall may then cause a pull out failure of the plywood nails. Allowing the sill to raise up and rock doesn't seem like a good idea due to the excessive drift this may allow. What's wrong with plain old tightening the holddowns very tight prior to closing up the walls to account for future wood shrinkage? Norm Brudigam, CE ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Plywood Shear Wall over Gyp Board
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] plywood shear wall sill bolts
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] plywood shear wall sill bolts
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Need help with unsubscribing