[SEAOC] NEED OPINIONS: Design of "Multibeam" One Way Slab System

I would like to know if anyone has any "hard/fast" data on the
distribution of loads among the beams of a multibeam platform structure.

This is a type of construction commonly seen in bridges, where you have
PS Concrete box beams laid right next to each other, and a composite
(for LL) slab poured over them.  AASHTO has its formulae for
distribution of loads in this case, but I don't think it would apply for
a one-way slab type of construction.

In my case, I'm trying to apply multibeam to a wharf, which will have
very large, static live loads representing operating a crane for
unloading ships.  If you have loads from, e.g., truck crane outriggers,
or the tracks of a crawler-crane, how do you determine the effective
width of beam+deck that assists in supporting the load?

I've seen an old (30+ years) set of design notes from a local
engineering firm that utilizes a formula like 0.6S+1.5T, where S is the
span between simple supports, and T is the width of the (assumed square)
loaded area on the deck.  But I'm not sure if this is rational, or just
something someone came up with for the heck of it.

Anyone here got any ideas?