Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] NEW COLA Requirements[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] NEW COLA Requirements
- From: HARRISENGR(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 21:46:24 -0400
Sandy, is there a system to review complaints on deputy inspectors ? I recently had a job in Camarillo that the contractor substituted an inspector different from the plan spec , that was not on the job when i got there, was not watching the construction when i sent one of my engineers back, that the building inspector complained to me about as inattentive. Of course he never sent me a report. I mentioned this to a deputy inspector group representative who had a display at the seaoc convention, and he said they have a review system in N. CA. Maybe if there was a system in S. CA we would get a little attention to UBC sec 106. I really find your posts to this group informative. I always spec special inspection for post tension slabs on grade even though the stress is 50psi since the workers are always stepping on the cables during the pour. Since they are theoretically supposed to span over the clay soil expansion points, these slabs would not seem "non-structural". It seems a mistake this is exempted from being required. Thanks in advance Tom Harris ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] neural networks
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] OES Volunteers
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] plywood shear wall sill bolts
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] NEW COLA Requirements