[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Bridge Design Software

In article <326E7E90.3BDD(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>,
Structures Group <halffass(--nospam--at)earthlink.net> wrote:
>We are currently designing a bridge that employs simply-supported,
>post-tensioned concrete box beams.  The bridge deck includes both
>vertical and horizontal curvature.  Our software for this type of design
>is less than ideal.  Does anyone have any recommendations on good
>(preferably Windows) software for the design of post-tensioned bridges?
>
>Thank You.....Stan Caldwell, P.E.

Hi, Stan.

You might want to check out LEAP Software's offerings.  They have a whole
menu of programs to perform various bridge design functions.

They have a web page, but it MUST be under construction.  All they have on
it is a link to get MS Internet Explorer (as if _I_ care, OS/2 junkie that
I am!) and an email address.

Here is the address: deanna(--nospam--at)leapsoft.com

She is the sales guru, as I understand it.  Might drop her a line and ask
for their info.

FWIW, our firm is purchasing their GEOMATH software, which does bridge
geometries.  Tired of doing it in EXCEL!

Regards.