[SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] Single jolts like an EQ, but not EQ!!!!!

Obtain some more information.  I would tend to discount any residual
"locked-up stresses".  They would have manifested into perceptible
vibrations some time ago.

Check the mechanical equipment.  If there are isolators, are they still in
proper working order?  Can the timing of the perceived vibrations be linked
to any of the mechanical equipment, like the compressors for the HVAC
equipment?  Have the HVAC compressors switched on in various sequences in an
effort to simulate the perceived vibrations.

What were the environmental conditions immediately prior to and during the
vibrations.  Did the perceived vibrations occur at night, sunny conditions,
etc.?  Elements heated by solar gain during the day will shrink again when
the sun goes down.  This cycling can produce stresses in the internal
structure of the building.

Check to see if any heavy equipment is operating close to the building.  A
large refuse bin dropped a few inches can send a shock wave through a
building.

Try to determine a pattern of the vibrations, and a pattern to potential
vibration sources, and see if you can find a match.

Good luck.
Harold Sprague, spragueho(--nospam--at)bv.com