Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Rw factors[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Rw factors
- From: MGFran(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 13:38:50 -0500
I would like to know what other engineers have been using for Rw with the following conditions: Flexible diaphragms using plywood shear walls mixed with steel frames on both residences and commercial structures. We have conservatively used the lowest value for Rw for all lateral force resisting elements in the structure in the past, but it seems that one could justify using an 8 for the plywood shear walls and a 6 for "Ordinary" steel moment frames, for example, since the diaphragms are flexible and the shears are distributed based upon tributary area. ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Roof Truss shop drawings
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] SEAOC Email
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Structural Engineering Software
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] rebar costs