[SEAOC] Rw factors

I would like to know what other engineers have been using for Rw with the
following conditions: Flexible diaphragms using plywood shear walls mixed
with steel frames on both residences and commercial structures.

We have conservatively used the lowest value for Rw for all lateral force
resisting elements in the structure in the past, but it seems that one could
justify using an 8 for the plywood shear walls and a 6 for "Ordinary" steel
moment frames, for example, since the diaphragms are flexible and the shears
are distributed based upon tributary area.