Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Hip roofs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Hip roofs
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 16:57:52 +0500
Can anyone suggest a design reference for design and lateral load analysis of a metal building with a hip roof (i.e., four sloped faces)? Can metal roof decking be used as a diaphragm with a hip roof? How are lateral loads transferred at the hip area? We are using steel trusses with rolled steel purlins between and steel decking over the purlins. I can't find any good references or design guides for this type of building. ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] High Load Plywood Diaphragms
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Hollow Clay Brick
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] UBC Sec3102.6
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] LIQUEFACTION MITIGATION