[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] UBC Sec3102.6

Dear Tom:

Los Angeles city does not require the chimneys to be braced if the height
from the base to the roof is greater than the height from the roof to the
top of the chimney. This is usually true in two story homes with mild slope.

Also, I believe that Harlen has chimney braces which comply with UBC
requirements.

Hope that helps.

Shafat