[SEAOC] [SEAOC] Re: Structural Engineering Software

----------------------------- Note follows -----------------------------
From: BRBATES(--nospam--at)aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 11:36:19 -0500

 <<needs but did not address our specific needs adequately. I took the
 <<upon myself and ended up with an interactive program that makes the design
So are we now accepting advertising on the SEAOC mail list?

Bruce Bates
RISA Technologies

I don't know if we have an actual policy on what advertising can be
done on this email list, but I would like to suggest to Shafat and
the group that we allow 'infomercials' in the nature of what you see
in trade magazines when a manufacturer develops a 'new' product. In the
case of software it would be nice to have a one page summary of what
new features a new version of software has. Anything more than that
I would oppose, as my email box already overflows with discussions.

I figure that Bruce and others of his company's caliber would have a
post of interest to many in this email list once a quarter or so.

Oh- one additional thought: I think we could keep prices out of the
picture... simply listing a number or email address where more info
can be requested would suffice. That should keep us out of seeing
online price wars. We can look for those on the .forsale or .marketplace
Usenet groups!

Thomas D. Honles, S.E.                        Phone: (213)367-0006
LADWP, Los Angeles, California, USA           Fax:   (213)367-0066
Internet e-mail: thonle(--nospam--at)dwp.ci.la.ca.us
          (also: tdh(--nospam--at)capella.dwp.ci.la.ca.us)