Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Structural Engineering Software[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Structural Engineering Software
- From: Dennis Wish <wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 14:31:20 -0800
- Cc: BRBATES(--nospam--at)aol.com, seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
Discussions are more than exceptable, they are encouraged. Blatent advertising is what most of us resent (don't speak until spoken about). If Bruce or any other developer has a software that can meet the needs of the person asking, by all means respond - even educate the rest of us. When it comes time to sell your product or close a sale, take it offline or at least off the listservice. Without sounding like an endorsment, Bruce is an active member in SEAOC and on the state board Computer Applications Committee that created this Listservice as well as a participant in the SEAOC Online quarterly journal. The last think I wish to do is stiffle his most important knowledge. And, Bruce, knows how to use tact. Therefore, go for it! Dennis S. Wish PE Editor SEAOC Online At 10:34 AM 11/15/96 -0800, Bob Shilling wrote: >On Fri, 15 Nov 1996 BRBATES(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote: > >> In a message dated 96-11-15 01:20:53 EST, you write: ><snip> > >> >> >> So are we now accepting advertising on the SEAOC mail list? >> >> >> Bruce Bates >> RISA Technologies > >Bruce, >Someone asked a software question, and Mr. Pannu replied. I don't >remember any objections to your posts re: RISA in the past. I certainly >think discussion of products useful to SEs is a valid application of this >list. I WOULD object to frequent, blatant advertising posts, but again, I >don't think Mr. Pannu (or you) have overstepped this boundary. > >Bob > >. . . . . . . . . . . . . ........................... >Bob Shilling, SE Berkeley, CA shilling(--nospam--at)emf.net >KK6QQ MSA S-10 >'91 R100 Classic, "Tornado" ABC#2063 DoD# 1195 > "This alligator walks into a bar and ..." Horizon Kent > >... > > > ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Software question
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Truss discussion.
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] [SEAOC] Re: Structural Engineering Software
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Non ductile concrete schools