[SEAOC] Fwd: Re: [SEAOC] Structural Engineering Software

In a message dated 96-11-15 13:49:38 EST, shilling(--nospam--at)emf.net (Bob Shilling)
writes:

<< Someone asked a software question, and Mr. Pannu replied. I don't
 remember any objections to your posts re: RISA in the past. I certainly
 think discussion of products useful to SEs is a valid application of this
 list. I WOULD object to frequent, blatant advertising posts, but again, I
 don't think Mr. Pannu (or you) have overstepped this boundary.

 Bob >>

I agree with Bob.  I think Mr. Pannu's response was to the point and
professional.  Besides, I do not believe Mr. Pannu had made any "pitch".  I
believe his program is intended for his personal use.  I do not consider this
sort of communication as advertising on the net.  In fact, this is right in
the spirit and whole concept ot having a common forum for open discussion and
exchange of idea.

Anand Nene, S. E.

---------------------
On Fri, 15 Nov 1996 BRBATES(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

<snip>

> So are we now accepting advertising on the SEAOC mail list?
>

> Bruce Bates
> RISA Technologies

Bruce,
Someone asked a software question, and Mr. Pannu replied. I don't
remember any objections to your posts re: RISA in the past. I certainly
think discussion of products useful to SEs is a valid application of this
list. I WOULD object to frequent, blatant advertising posts, but again, I
don't think Mr. Pannu (or you) have overstepped this boundary.

Bob

Bob Shilling, SE             Berkeley, CA          shilling(--nospam--at)emf.net
KK6QQ         				                   MSA S-10
'91 R100 Classic, "Tornado"    ABC#2063                   DoD# 1195
      "This alligator walks into a bar and ..."   Horizon Kent