Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] steaming concrete[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] steaming concrete
- From: Leon <rdlandpc(--nospam--at)inet.hkg.com> (by way of Shafat Qazi <seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>)
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 22:57:56 -0800
We have a project of making thousand of precast bridge deck segments of size ~3.5mx7mx2m high. Because of turn over cycle and then early strength requirement these segments after cast will be steam heated for about 2hrs maximum during the initial 12 hrs curing process. This is particularly necessary in the forthcoming Winter. The precast operation utilizes the freshly cast unit and put it into a match cast position forming formwork for the next new unit to be cast. There is concern over the match cast unit being cooked again together with the next new unit. Do you have info on the short or long term durability effect or any other effects on re-heating concrete units of this kind? don't mind to pay for reply or articles are available. Regards Leon Chan ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Stainless Steel Design
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Steel Beam to Column and 3Rw/8 question
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Fwd: Re: [SEAOC] Structural Engineering Software
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: Structural Engineering Software