Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: Advertising on SEAOC[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: Advertising on SEAOC
- From: Shafat Qazi <seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 14:25:58 -0800
Your suggestion well taken. As a matter of fact, I am currently working with SEAOSC board to lease a T1 line and install our own server. This will give us more control and more power to provide information as necessary. The cost of T1 line is of concern. Plan is to accept advertising from vendors to support the cost of T1 line. Once this is accomplished, users can then visit our WWW page and get info about different engineering related products. We will also have a "virtual mall" where users can download demo software and also make purchases on-line. If all goes per plan, the Server will be up and running by the end of this year. Then, vendors can promote their product for a reasonable cost. If there are any vendors reading this email, please let me know if your company would be interested in advertising on our WWW server. Our current hit rate is over 10,000 per month. Shafat Qazi, P.E. Chair SEAOC CAC At 11:19 AM 11/16/96 -0800, you wrote: >As a designer / office manager / concerned member of our profession, I am >always interested in new or improved technology in structural engineering. >Advancement of our profession is partly related to this very aspect and it >would be helpful to have a mechanism to disperse this information. >Essentially, isn't that what this discussion forum is about: solving >concerns?!? > >Suggestion: >Create a separate www address where infomercials or product postings can be >placed for all to see. Notice could perhaps be given on the server for >reference to a posting. > >Comments?? > >... > > ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Wood-floor vibration design.
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: Basic Roof Rafter Analysis Question
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: Advertising on SEAOC
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Receipt of 11/16/96 2:34 AM message