Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] [SEAOC] steaming concrete[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] [SEAOC] steaming concrete
- From: jay.shilstone(--nospam--at)shilstone.com (Jay Shilstone)
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 14:52:54 GMT
To: Leon <rdlandpc(--nospam--at)inet.hkg.com> Subject: [SEAOC] steaming concrete L>We have a project of making thousand of precast bridge deck segments of L>size ~3.5mx7mx2m high. Because of turn over cycle and then early strength L>requirement these segments after cast will be steam heated for about 2hrs L>maximum during the initial 12 hrs curing process. This is particularly L>necessary in the forthcoming Winter. L>The precast operation utilizes the freshly cast unit and put it into a L>match cast position forming formwork for the next new unit to be cast. L>There is concern over the match cast unit being cooked again together with L>the next new unit. Do you have info on the short or long term durability L>effect or any other effects on re-heating concrete units of this kind? L>don't mind to pay for reply or articles are available. As a freebie, I suggest you locate a system called "Sure-Cure". This uses thermocouples, tied into a computer, to predict stripping time. I don't recall where they are located, but if you contact a couple of precast plants in the northern U.S., you can probably get a lead from one of them. If you want us to do a search for you, we are concrete consultants and this is the kind of thing we can do pretty rapidly. Jay Shilstone jay.shilstone(--nospam--at)shilstone.com Shilstone Companies (214) 361-9681 9400 N. Central Expy., #105 FAX: (214) 361-7925 Dallas, TX, 75231 BBS: (214) 361-8873 U.S.A. (Concrete Consultant) http://www.shilstone.com ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] [SEAOC] Re: Structural Engineering Software
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] AASHTO highway loads
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] SEAW VENDOR'S EXHIBIT
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: Do not solicit for work on this forum