[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Proposed voluntary vendor standards

Dear Mark:

I like all the points except the first one. If we allow vendors to announce
product updates, they are then advertizing their product via the update
announcement. Consider an email like this:

"The XYZ technologies, developers of a leading Structural Analysis software
are proud to announce their new release of this world famous software
package. Version 3.0 is packed with new features and is available to new
users for only $99. This is half the price of our competing software. To
take advantage of this competitive upgrade, please visit our web site at
http://www.xyz.com";

Feel free to add comments to this thread.

Shafat