Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Concrete Pile Requirements in Seismic Zones 3 & 4.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] Concrete Pile Requirements in Seismic Zones 3 & 4.
- From: Sadre(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 10:04:22 -0500
Dec. 5, 1996 Dear Colleagues: Over the past several years, the SEAOC Seismology Committee has received numerous inquiries on the ductility capacity of piles (whether it is curvature ductility capacity in competent soils, or displacement ductility capacity in soft medium). With the 1996 Blue Book finally off-the-ground, the Committee has had an opportunity to respond to some of these issues. The attached file is a synopsis of the consensus opinion of the SEAOC Seismology Committee, which elaborates on the relevant Provisions of the 1994 UBC as well as Section 302 of the 1996 Blue Book and other internationally recognized technical reports. This article, which essentially discusses confinement issues in Cast-in-Place and Precast Prestressed Concrete Piles, was specifically prepared in response to a letter by Carl Gentry to the Committee. However, we felt it may be of interest to other SEAOC on-line members as well. Please look for future broadcasts on other issues of interest to our membership. If you have difficulty downloading the complete document (i.e., the Formulae are missing, etc.) please do not hesitate to call me to receive a faxed copy. Ali Sadre, Chairman SEAOC Seismology Committee c/o EsGil Corp. 9320 Chesapeake Dr., # 208 San Diego, CA 92123 Tel: (619) 560-1468 Fax: (619) 560-1576 ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Concrete cracks
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Concrete Pile Requirements in Seismic Zones 3 & 4.
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Earthquake Insurance Rates for 1997
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Concrete Pile Requirements in Seismic Zones 3 & 4.