Re: Wind and Seismic Design

If you are looking for a very basic book that explains lateral design you might try Breyer's book (Donald Breyer) "Design of Wood Structures". Not only is it a very good book for wood design, but it has some excellent examples of seismic and wind design.
Dennis Wish PE

At 06:31 PM 12/26/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I would like to have a reference with design examples for wind and seismic
>Who has one they would recommend?
>

>* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers *
>* Association of California (SEAOC) email server. To *
>* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to *
>* admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the message type *
>* "join seaoc" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email *
>* to admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the message *
>* type "leave seaoc" (no quotes). For questions, send *
>* email to seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org. Remember, any email you *
>* send to the list is free to public and maybe reposted *
>* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web *
>* site at: http://www.seaoc.org *

Dennis S. Wish PE
wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com

"Mother is the name for God