Re: 2 Holddowns at corner question

> I contacted Simpson Strong-tie to get their opinion about the use of a holddown where there is an eccentricity in loading. Their comment was that as long as the HDA was installed in the same post that exhibited uplift from either direction, they could see no problem with this.
I am still unconvinced
<<<<

I fully agree with Simpson. How can you even place a holddown that isn't eccentric?? Even with the holddown in the plane of the wall, the anchor bolt is always eccentric relative to the center of the post. I've never seen a set of drawings that called out multiple holddowns at corner conditions. Anyone else?
Adam R. Koczarski P.E., S.E. - monARK Systems
ark(--nospam--at)monark.com
ark(--nospam--at)abkj.com
'91 ST1100 STOC #265
Home page - http://www.nwlink.com/~ark
"Four people were killed, one seriously, and eight more received
slight injuries...." from the Japan Times