Re: Limit of Liability

Amaloyan(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> May I pose a question to the board members?
> Would SEAOC be willing to look into the possibility of providing
> E/O insurance as a group to the members?
> I guess other prof. organizations have similar services. i.e ASCE and AIA.

On a national basis ASCE represents Structural Engineers, but in
California they consider SEASC as their technical group.  It seems that
SEAOC should negotiate with ASCE to make E&O insurance available to
SEAOC members without being a member of ASCE since they consider
themselves as our national level representative on structural issues.
Otherwise you must join ASCE and pay dues for the Local Section (Los
Angeles in my case) and if you are live in Orange County as I do you
must pay a seperate Orange County Branch dues.  Add this and SEAOC
membership costs to the insurance cost and it starts getting expensive
although it would still be less than through other insurance companies.

With over 20 years as a member of ASCE I can not remember a local
meeting directed at structural design issues other than post earthquake
topics.  For structual design issues in California SEAOC is our only
real representative.

Enough said.