Re: Limit of liability -Reply

Chris,
I could not have expressed myself better than your comments about private
practice. Not only did my upbringing make me feel like a failure for not
wanting to work for someone else - it took me a long time to realize that I
created something that I never had when I went into private practice -
security. When we choose to go it alone, we take on the responsibility for
success or failure - this is the true meaning of job security.
We have added a new column to the SEAOC Online quarterly journal. I will be
adding your comments and a few others to the article since this is a very
relevant issue.
Thank you for your comments - I look forward to discussing this subject
more as the listservice grows and as large corporations displace more
engineers into the private sector.
Sincerely
Dennis S. Wish PE
Editor SEAOC Online