Limit of Liability

This topic should of course be addressed to my attorney, but I am
interested in the opinions of other engineers.  If you were bored with the
"fee" topic ( which I liked, BTW), then hit the "delete"  key now.

If my client has an attorney review my contract, 99.99 % of the time they
will not accept a limit of liability clause, no matter how small the job. I
have had some agree to a LOL = policy limits. I think that some of the
clients that sign this clause, do not know what it means.  I currently have
a proposal for a job that I am thinking of walking away from unless I get
some sort of LOL clause signed. I understand that LOL is not holding up in
court recently anyway. The same attorney also wants to omit any reference
to the Construction Industry Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
(Maybe he has not had much luck with the AAA  :^))

If anyone has any thoughts on this please reply to the list or email me
directly.
Regards,

Jeff Smith. S.E.
phone: (415) 543-8651