Re: DSA AND "OVERSIZE" HOLES IN SILLS AND LEDGERS

The solution you described sounds fine, but a little more expensive.  What I
described is what I have had to do on several occasions with acceptance from
DSA.  I'm sure there are many solutions, that's the one I've used the most
and only a suggestion.

At 01:02 PM 1/15/97 -0800, you wrote:
>dennismc(--nospam--at)mcn.org wrote:
>>
>> This is a typical DSA requirement.  Another solution to repairing is to put
>> a small diameter metal sleeve into the hole to make it tighter.
>>

>Your idea was a good one. But what about using a special washer shaped
>like the shear plates used in timber connections? These will provide
>plenty of shear for a sill application, I'd think.
>
>Perhaps a plate for a washer with 3 or 4 nails in predrilled holes.
>
>ted

dennismc