Re: DSA AND "OVERSIZE" HOLES IN SILLS AND LEDGERS

GAYLORD R. RANSOM wrote:

> We have a project (School) under construction in Fresno Co..  The
> project has wood shear walls and a wood roof attached to masonry walls.
>  The contractor has drilled the holes in the ledgers and sill plates 1/8
> inch oversize.  For the 300 plus or minus PLF load that we have I don't
> see a plovlem,  but DSA is rejecting the installation.  Does any one
> have nay information relating to the "codified" nature of this
> installation?  We can find data on wood-wood connections and steel-steel
> connections,  but nothing that details sills and ledgers to
> concrete/masonry.
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Saw your message and had to respond.  Northwest Group did something
similar on one of the elementary schools we did for Fresno Unified.  We
ended up pouring epoxy into the annular space between the bolt and the
oversize wood hole.

I saw Dwight Drew last night at a SEAOCC meeting.

Hope all is well with you.  How's the duck hunting this year.  I heard
Mendota flooded.

Marty Pohll