Re: DSA AND "OVERSIZE" HOLES IN SILLS AND LEDGERS

dennismc(--nospam--at)mcn.org wrote:

> This is a typical DSA requirement.  Another solution to repairing is to put
> a small diameter metal sleeve into the hole to make it tighter.

Your idea was a good one. But what about using a special washer shaped
like the shear plates used in timber connections? These will provide
plenty of shear for a sill application, I'd think.

Perhaps a plate for a washer with 3 or 4 nails in predrilled holes.

ted